What is a meniscus?
Treatment of the meniscus at Move to Cure
- Joint mobility is very important following an injury to the meniscus.
- We combine mobilising exercises with strengthening and functional exercises.When choosing exercises, we consider
- the client’s level prior to the injury
- the sport practiced
- the cause of the meniscus injury
- Move to Cure has rehabilitation centres with state-of-the-art equipment in both Antwerp and Lebbeke. Clients can come train at these centres under the guidance of their personal Move to Cure therapist. This individual approach sets us apart and guarantees a faster, more fundamental rehabilitation.
- In addition to the exercises at the rehabilitation centre, we often also include aquagym or outdoor sessions on the track or in the sand. We choose the surface that closest resembles the “natural habitat” of the client, based on the sport they practise. This allows us to get the client back to the level they were at as soon as possible.
- When treating athletes, it is important to return them to the level they were at in as little time as possible. For this reason, we often include endurance training in the exercise therapy, combined with functional exercises on the field. This way, the athlete can resume normal training as soon as possible.